By Edith C.
Install Windows Server 2003 / R2 or Windows Server 2003 and install and run Windows Updates.
Active Directory Setup
1. Install Active Directory in the server.
2. Create the following users in AD:
This account is the "identity" of the "application pools" of applications. It’s associated with the SP databases that are within the "application pool".
No need to do manual configuration, the following automatically associates it:
· Member of the db_owner of the database (associated with the application)
· Access to "read" the configuration database and SharePoint_AdminContent
· Access to "read and write" to the database with the associated Shared Services Provider.
This account is the "identity" of the "application pool" of the Central Administration and is the account of the process of Windows SharePoint Services Timer Service
No manual configuration required.
SQL Server roles:
· dbcreator fixed server role
· securityadmin fixed server role
· db_owner fixed database role for all databases in the server farm
Microsoft Office Official Document .
Configure the server as a "web server”
Install and configure IIS (if not IIS 6 by default)
1. Start, All Programs, Administrative Tools, click Configure Your Server Wizard
2. On the “Welcome to the Configure Your Server Wizard” screen click Next.
3. On “Preliminary Steps” click Next.
4. On “Server Role” ir a Application server (IIS,ASP.NET) y click en Next.
5. On “Application Server Options” click Next.
6. On “Summary of Selections” click Next.
7. Click Finish.
8. Start, All Programs, Administrative Tools, click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
9. Click + sign (next to the server’s name), then make a right click on Web Sites and click Properties.
10. Go to the “Service” tab, and in the “Isolation mode” deselect the checkbox “Run WWW service in IIS 5.0 isolation mode”
11. Click OK.
Microsoft Frameworks Setup
Install in the following order:
1. Install Framework 2.0
Allow ASP.NET 2.0 in the IIS
1. Install Framework 3.0
2. Install Framework 3.5
Language Packs Setup (if required)
Install the required packages using the wizard.
Download them from the Microsoft site.
Download and install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Follow the Basic Setup .
Run the wizard: “SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration” using the previous created accounts.