By Alan V.
Many IT companies are currently not aware of the importance and the benefits generated by having a blog and the impact it brings to your marketing efforts. With the growth of social media and the importance that it is acquiring, IT companies should seize this medium to connect with customers and prospects. That's why I will share with you 5 reasons why your tech company should have a blog.
1. Create a closer relationship with your market. One benefit of having a blog as a marketing strategy is that you can establish a closer contact with customers and prospects. When you provide quality information and solve certain problems, your visitors will automatically recognize...
By Rosario A.
First we need to join Visual Studio 2010 and select the Windows Phone Application project
Solution ExplorerThis is the appearance in the Solution Explorer for the generated project. Instead of quoting the entire content of each file, I will describe its purpose.
ApplicationIcon.pngThis image should be replaced with the one that is going to represent the application. It is the one that the users will see in the phone application. Make sure it is memorable.
App.xamlThe idea is to see this file as the web.config in ASP.NET. Here is where you will find comprehensive data and application settings. It is also where I prefer to keep my styles, even thought is not require...
By David E.
Sometimes DataTable objects are used as data sources for some of the controls in your application, either desktop or web application. At times the DataTable objects contain more items than needed, and you need to apply a filter for those records. An easy way to apply this filter can be by the AsEnumerable of the datatable object. This method is available from. net framework 3.5.
Below is a simple example:
//Get the dataset from Database
DataSet ds = GetDataSetFromDataLayer();
//Verify the DS
if (ds != null && ds.Tables.Count > 0)
//Get the required table
By David E.
The following guide was the created installing MSQueue and configuring a WCF using a Windows 7 OS.
1. Verify IIS is installed on the server machine where the WCF is going to be hosted.
2. Install MS Queue by following the instructions specified on this link:
3. Install or verify the following Windows Features :
4. Verify the following services are running:
a. Message Queuing
b. Net.Msmq Listener Adapter
c. Windows Process Activation Service
5. Create a Web application inside IIS. For this example, the application name used is FGMQService. The ap...